29 Mar The Ankle Boot : How to wear it
This season is all about the ankle boot!
It’s practical, stylish and can be worn with any outfit for many occasions. The ankle boot can be thrown on with comfortable jeans, a white shirt and scarf for a style-worthy weekend look.
During a wardrobe edit, many of my clients own a pair of knee high boots but never really wear them. You are limited in what you can wear a knee high boot with and it’s not always easy to get a good fit. I then introduce them to the ankle boot.
If your new to ankle boots, then my top 5 tips on how to wear them will help:-
- Tucked into the hem of a pair of black Ponte (stretch) pants with a longline tee and scarf.
- Wear with your favourite straight leg jeans and turn back the cuff to show some ankle.
- Buy a neutral colour like tan to wear with denim and soft colours.
- Wear with knee length skirts or dresses and bare legs. Add layers of scarves and jackets depending on weather.
- Make your favourite summer maxi dress work in autumn by adding an ankle boot and leather biker jacket.
The key to wearing an ankle boot is making sure it’s seen. Don’t hide them under flared jeans or soft pants.
Are you looking for the perfect boot to get you through autumn and winter? I have made it really easy for you. My edit includes easy classic styles that I can guarantee you will pull together endless looks for the season.
Which boot will best suit your wardrobe? Think about your lifestyle and what you get dressed for most days. A flat heel is perfect for everyday running around. If your budget allows, add a high heeled boot for nights out.
All are available right now online and instore.
Asos Selected Suede boot $210.10 || Witchery, Oliver Stud boot $229.95 || Iconic, Callie ankle boot $49.95 || Decjuba, Edie Ankle gusset boot $159.95 || Iconic, ALDO Lillianne boot $129.95 || Mollini, Quonut boot $199 || Mollini, Vaino Boot $250 || Asos, Aldo boot with tassel $189.09 || Seed Heritage, Sarah gusset boot $189.95
Which boot do you want to add to your wardrobe ?