29 Mar Top 5 Tips For Trackside Glamour On Melbourne Cup Day – Featured on PUTIIK
Whilst Melbourne Cup has come and gone, these glamour tips are great for the upcoming Autumn racing season. A big thank you to the editors of Putiik blog for featuring another one of my articles.
Excitement is in the air. The countdown for Melbourne Cup day is on. It’s time to make sure you have the perfect race day outfit ready. It doesn’t matter if your trackside or attending a luncheon, you want a look that is glamorous and Instagram-worthy.
Melbourne Cup Day is one of the most prestigious events in racing history and for fashion-loving women, it’s all about the outfit trackside.
The dress code is fun, colourful and elegant. This is the day to go over the top. It’s all about being daring and brace. Adorning yourself in colour and bold accessories. A more fun and festive feel than the refined monochrome of Derby day.
A general rule for trackside fashion is to avoid strapless dresses and make sure the length is to the knee or longer. Pick a dress with a strong print or bold in colour. Lace detailing and oversized sleeves are a great way to add drama.
MY TOP 5 TIPS FOR ACHIEVING A SOPHISTICATED AND ON-TREND LOOK FOR CUP DAY ARE:
- Millinery is a must. There are varied options this season from crafted hats, fascinators that look more like structured art pieces and colourful, feminine floral crowns.
- Make your lips high voltage with a bold colour, especially if your dress is more subdued
Sipping on champagne and nibbling on canapés all require a hand’s free approach. Use a clutch with an essential wrist or shoulder straps.
- Don’t forget to accessorise. Add a metallic belt, oversized earrings, or a jewelled wrist cuff to finalise your look.
- Utilising a dress from within your existing wardrobe but updating with new season accessories is a great way to dress for the day on a budget
- Chances are you will be on your feet all day. Choose a block or wedge heel for lasting style and avoid walking home barefoot. Shoe choice is an easy way to add a pop of colour.
Whatever you decide to wear on the big day, make sure you feel comfortable, confident and fun. Enjoy the buzz and good luck. I hope you back a winner.